Shopping with us is easy - simply order online and collect from our store which is conveniently located just 4 mins from the Ferry port or 10 mins from the tunnel terminal.
Tips to Make the Most of your Day
Your order will be ready and waiting on a trolley for you. You can make any adjustments or additions in store, then check out and pay. You can pay in sterling cash or cheque - which guarantees the advertised prices - or by card, which is converted into Euros at your bank’s daily rate. Then load up the car – which we are more than happy to help you with - and enjoy your day.
We’ve put together a few tips to help make sure everything goes smoothly and enjoy your day.
Before your trip
- If you’re taking the Eurotunnel Le Shuttle make sure that you have entered the API details of everyone who will be travelling, this will save any delays at the tunnel.
- Don’t forget your passports – sounds obvious, but even the team who work in the UK have forgotten their passports! There’s nothing so frustrating as getting half way down the M20 and realising your passport is on the dresser at home!
- Don’t forget to bring cash or your cheque book if you wish to pay in GB pounds.
- Remember to pay the Dart Charge if you are coming over the Dartford Crossing. It’s best to pay over the phone before you go.
- Make sure you have the directions
- The ferry terminal and the Eurotunnel Le Shuttle both have areas where you can get a coffee or some breakfast. Of course the ferry also has a buffet and shops on board too.
- It sounds obvious but don’t forget to drive on the right – in the gutter – when you disembark.
- There is plenty of parking at the front of store.
- If you’ve placed a pre-order simply report to the information desk on your arrival that is on the right hand side as you come through the doors. Your order will be on a trolley waiting for you. You can always adjust or add to your order in store.
- We have free coffee and tea available to all our customers.
- Have a taste - we have around 150 wines open to taste all day every day. Have a little try, ask some questions, the staff will be happy to help. If there’s any wine you wish to add – just ask a member of staff and they will fetch you a case and add it to your trolley - all part of the service!
- Check out is simple. You can pay by cash in Euros or GB Pounds. We accept all major cards (except Amex), though the transaction will go through in Euros at your bank’s daily exchange rate.
- We have a price guarantee so if you spot the same wine cheaper anywhere else in Calais we will match it!
- We will even help you out to your car!
Your time in Calais
- It’s worth filling up on fuel whilst you are there. The duty on fuel is less than the UK and there is the additional exchange rate saving
- Be aware that the French eat lunch at lunchtime so if you want to visit any local restaurants (of which there are many good ones) you should aim to get to the restaurant before 1.30pm
- We have a number of offers with local restaurants so take a look before you book
- If you are over on a Tuesday or Saturday it is worth checking out the local market to stock up on a few French treats
After your shop
- If you have a lot of wine, make sure you store it to maintain it’s optimal condition. Cool dark places are usually best. Wine is not a fan of heat so avoid places like next to radiators, boilers or ovens.
- You can log into the website and leave comments or reviews against wines. This might help you when you come to place another order. It also enormously helps other customers in their selection.
- If you are unsatisfied with your wine, for whatever reason, just keep it aside and bring it back the next time you’re over.
- If you’ve had a great experience we would very much appreciate a few words on TripAdvisor or on Reviews.co.uk
- Your order is stored in your account so, if you wish to place a repeat order, you can go online and amend if necessary and place another order quickly and easily.
We hope you enjoy shopping with us, because we enjoy meeting you. We will do everything we can to make your day as enjoyable as possible.
The Calais Wine Superstore Team