Terms of Service
Terms of Service
- All orders placed online have to be paid online, must be placed at least 24 hours prior to collection and must be collected at The Calais Wine Superstore.
- All goods are offered subject to availability. We try our best to ensure the information published on our site is accurate but we can’t always guarantee the availability of specific vintages.
- We have to obey the rules of the land so we will not sell alcohol to anyone who is, or appears to be, under the age of 18. By placing an order you confirm that you are at least 18 years old, we may ask to see your passport at check out if you are lucky enough to look younger than 18.
- All prices shown are calculated on our in-store exchange rate which is currently €1.18 = £1.
- Prices may fluctuate from time to time without notice due to exchange rates and other factors beyond our control. However paying in sterling generally avoids most of these fluctuations and guarantees the price advertised on our website.
- To make sure you pay the price shown on the website you need to pay in GBP sterling, by cash, as cards payments go through in Euros so are subject to your issuer's daily exchange rate. so there may be a slight change in the UK advertised prices and the price paid at the time of collection.
- Savings against the UK price are calculated based on the lowest average price we can find for the same product from UK retailers. We check this for each and every product when we put it live on the website and may check this again on an ad hoc basis as the need arises. If we cannot find the exact product for sale in the UK, if for example it is not currently sold by any retailer in the UK, we will calculate an average saving based on the closest product variant available. This may be a different size or style but will always be the closest match possible.
- We’re sorry but we don’t accept Amex.
- All orders must be collected within 3 months from the order date, if there any delays for any reason then please contact the store directly [email protected]
- All prices are inclusive of French duty and taxes.
- Promotional offers and prices are as stated, unfortunately, there are no further discounts available.
- Although we endeavour to ensure that all pricing information on this website is accurate, occasionally an error may occur and goods may be mispriced. If we discover a pricing error we will, at our discretion, either: contact you and ask you whether you wish to cancel your order or continue with the order at the correct price; or notify you that we have canceled your order. We are not obliged to supply goods at the incorrect price.
- Occasionally we might have to adjust prices, offers, goods and specifications of goods at our discretion at any time. Where an end date is specified on any offer on the website, it is intended as a guide only. We reserve the right to change prices at any time.
Returns & Refunds
- Any refund for prepaid goods that are not collected incurs a 2.5% bank fee and a 5% administration fee.
- We do not refund any purchased wines or any orders placed and paid for. We do however exchange wines that are in resaleable condion for other wines.
- Free Ferry Offer: Once booked the crossing is non amendable and non refundable.
P&O Ferries Free Crossing Offer Terms and Conditions
- Offer is subject to availability with P&O Ferries and is valid for a Dover to Calais Return Day Trip only.
- Offer only available to The Calais Wine Superstore customers purchasing a minimum of £300 of wine or beer - SPECIAL OFFER until 31/12/2023 (usually £500). One free ticket per order.
- Once booked the crossing is non amendable and non refundable. If an order is not collected it will not be refunded. We do exchange goods if they are in resaleable condition, but we do not offer refunds.
- This offer cannot be combined with any other promotional offer with The Calais Wine Superstore.
- P&O reserves the right to impose a variable surcharge to your ticket during busy periods on certain crossings. This is entirely out of our control. You will be advised of any surcharges when you make your booking with P&O Ferries.
- These offer Terms and Conditions form part of the main P&O Ferries Terms of Business.
- All offers are subject to restricted space, sailings and dates and correct at the time of publication and may be withdrawn without notice.
- Please keep in mind that the tickets are non-amendable and non-refundable so please ensure that you are able to travel on the dates and times you specify when booking.
- The following vehicles are excluded:
a) all vehicles carrying commercial goods or involved in a commercial venture
b) vehicles carrying hazardous goods
c) campervans and any vehicle over 7m long
- Club Lounge & Priority cannot be pre-booked, as the bookings are pre-paid by The Calais Wine Superstore. However, these can be purchased onboard or at the port.
- If you travel on the overnight ferry, the late-night service means that there are limited onboard facilities but P&O Ferries will offer hot food, the onboard bar, bureau de change and Offshore shopping. All other outlets will be closed.