Mmmmm Red Wine Hot Chocolate!
With the wind howling outside, and the January back to work blues setting in - I thought we could all do with a little indulgence to bring back the cheer.
If you love chocolate and wine, then this is just the thing for you. And let's face it, there really is nothing more beautifully indulgent and mood-altering than chocolate and wine.
Red Wine Hot Chocolate is rich, chocolatey, and beautifully boozy. It's the perfect treat for adults that want to indulge!
- 150 grams chocolate chips
- 150 ml dry red wine (merlot, shiraz, cabernet sauvignon)
- 240 ml whole milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar, optional
- Pinch of salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine all ingredients except the vanilla and salt in a small saucepan over a low heat.
- Heat, stirring constantly, until chocolate chips are melted and the mixture is hot.
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla and salt.
If you're using a very dry wine, you'll want to add in the sugar. It's best to take a sip without the sugar, and then add to taste.
For a sweeter hot chocolate swap the dry wine for a fruitier wine, but leave out the sugar.
Enjoy!! Don't forget to let us know what you think.